SJ4000 Action Cam Firmware
1. This firmware is for SJ4000 V02 version only. If you don’t know which version you have purchased please check the last two two digits of your firmware version in your camera menu. It should read either V01 or V02. Failing to do so will cause white blank screen.
2. If you accidentally installed the wrong version and you are getting white blank screen, you can find the old firmware for camera V01 in this website: http://www.techmoan.com/files-
3. This new firmware for V01 camera adds 5s,10s,20s for time lapse as “Capture Mode” but removes 3s Option. If you need 3s time lapse, do NOT upgrade.
4. This new firmware version for V01 degrades photo and video quality. The 1080p files is actually 720p, interpolated to 1080p. If you want real 1080p, do not upgrade.
1. Download and unzip the file from the link below.
- Version 05/15/2014 20140324V02 SJ4000-FW96650A-Fix-Blank-Screen.zip
- Fixed previous version blank screen issue.
- Added “Capture Mode” for continuous shooting. 5 Sec, 10 Sec, 20 Sec options.
- Added ”Rotate” to support rotation of the video
2. Rename extracted file to FW96650A.bin then copy to the root of a blank micro SD card
3. Insert the micro SD card and plug in the USB port turn on the SJ4000
4. Wait till it reboots
5. Verify the version in the settings menu 20140324V02
6. Delete the firmware file or format the micro SD card. If you leave the file on the micro SD card it will flash the firmware on every boot.